Advice Needed for Building a New PBBG Game – Looking for Suggestions

Hey everyone!

I’ve been brainstorming ideas for creating my own persistent browser-based game (PBBG), and I wanted to reach out to the community here for some advice. I’m still in the early stages of development, and I’m trying to figure out a few things:

1. What’s your favorite feature in a PBBG that really hooks you? I want to make sure I include some solid mechanics that keep players engaged.
  2. Any must-avoid pitfalls? I’d love to learn from the mistakes others have made, so I don’t end up making them myself!
  3. Suggestions for building a balanced economy system? I’ve heard this can make or break a PBBG, so I’m especially interested in tips on how to keep things fair and fun.
  4. Tech stack recommendations? Right now, I’m leaning toward using PHP and React Native for the backend, but I’m open to hearing other options if you think there’s a better fit for PBBGs.

I’ve done a bit of research and found these articles Thoughts on PBBGs React Native Interview Questions useful but would love some guidance from the experts here to make sure I’m on the right track.

I’m super excited to get started, but I want to make sure I’m setting off on the right foot. Any suggestions or insights would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance :slightly_smiling_face: