All about Glanshon

Hello fellow PBBG enthusiasts!

My name is Glanshon and I hail from Great Britain (United Kingdom).

I have been a huge fan of PBBGs for as long as I can remember and a self taught hobbiest Developer of PBBGs for the last 13+ years.

My favourite PBBGs are text based fantasy games that have a story. I find that I also enjoy the Medieval time period more than other periods.

At the time of writing this I am in the planning stages of my own story based and quest driven medieval text based PBBG.

I love developing with PHP, MySQL, HTML5, CSS3, Javascript and frameworks such as Bootstrap, Slim as well as tools like JQuery.

I would also like to take the time to thank @FoohonPie and @WaveHack for making me feel welcome since I joined the community and for providing a place for us to all gather and strengthen the PBBG genre.

Im always open to questions and am more than happy to discuss any aspects of PBBG development, so feel free to reach out if you need anything!

Hope to speak to you all soon,

• Glanshon
2 Likes

Welcome @Glanshon!

I have a special love for Medieval games too, as my first ever pbbg was Utopia. How fresh everything was back then!

I’m very intrigued by your intent to prioritize story; I find that many games overlook how much depth a proper narrative can provide. I’m guilty of this myself.

Do you have any more specifics around your upcoming game? Any timeline for early public test versions? :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks @FoohonPie!

My first game was Eternal Duel I believe. It was so long ago my memory is lacking but I agree that everything was so fresh back then!

My idea is to provide a lore-rich experience where even the NPCs have a decent level of depth to them. Further to that I’ve always had a keen passion for storytelling so making the primary focus the story and lore was a no brainer for me. If I can create an immersive world where people are invested in the characters and outcome of each story and side story, then I’ll be happy.

I don’t want to release anything at the moment as I’m enjoying working at my own pace without feeling rushed, however, I’m really keen on making a Dev Diary series on YouTube when the development of game mechanics and features start. Hopefully some people would be interested in that!

As for timescale, I’m not too sure, so I’ll just say as long as it takes to make sure it’s a quality experience people can, hopefully, enjoy :sweat_smile: