Could Someone Give me Advice on Balancing In-Game Economy and Player Progression in a PBBG?

Hello there,

I am in the process of developing a new Persistent Browser Based Game and could use some advice on balancing the in game economy with player progression. The game is primarily focused on resource management and strategic development; with an emphasis on long term growth and competition among players.

One challenge I am encountering is ensuring that the in game economy remains balanced as players progress. I want to avoid situations where early adopters accumulate wealth too quickly, creating an insurmountable gap for newer players. At the same time; I want to reward players who invest time and effort into the game.

How can I scale resource generation in a way that supports player progression without leading to runaway inflation or deflation? :thinking:

What is the best approach for setting prices for items; upgrades; and other in game assets? Should prices be static; or should they fluctuate based on player-driven supply and demand? :thinking:

To what extent should the economy be player driven? :thinking: Would allowing players to trade resources and items freely lead to a more dynamic economy; or could it introduce imbalances? :thinking:

Also, I have gone through this post; https://discourse.pbbg.com/t/dynamic-and-repeatable-tilemap-generation-with-noise-mlops/ which definitely helped me out a lot.

What are some effective strategies for helping new players catch up to veterans without alienating the existing player base?

Thanks in advance for your help and assistance. :innocent: