SB Admin 2

For those that are looking for a decent, free, administration theme, I have just setup SB Admin on Laravel.

Getting started was a little tricky, it’s been a while since I used mix, but you’re more than welcome to use the following config

// Frontend styles
mix.js(‘resources/js/app.js’, ‘public/js’)
.sass(‘resources/sass/app.scss’, ‘public/css’)
.version();

// Admin styles SB Admin 2
mix.copy(‘resources/js/admin/’, ‘public/js/admin/’)
.sass(‘resources/sass/admin/admin.scss’, ‘public/css/admin’)
.version();

// Jquery stuff
mix.copy(‘node_modules/jquery/dist/jquery.min.js’, ‘public/js’)
.copy(‘node_modules/bootstrap/dist/js/bootstrap.bundle.min.js’, ‘public/js/admin’)
.copy(‘node_modules/jquery.easing/jquery.easing.min.js’, ‘public/js/admin’)
.copy(‘node_modules/chart.js/dist/Chart.min.js’, ‘public/js/admin’)
.copy(‘node_modules/datatables.net-bs4/js/dataTables.bootstrap4.min.js’, ‘public/js/admin’)
.copy(‘node_modules/datatables.net/js/jquery.dataTables.min.js’, ‘public/js/admin’)
.version();

My resource folder is like

I basically downloaded the zip and copied the assets into resources/js and resources/sass, also adding a package.json

{
“private”: true,
“scripts”: {
“dev”: “npm run development”,
“development”: “cross-env NODE_ENV=development node_modules/webpack/bin/webpack.js --progress --hide-modules --config=node_modules/laravel-mix/setup/webpack.config.js”,
“watch”: “npm run development – --watch”,
“watch-poll”: “npm run watch – --watch-poll”,
“hot”: “cross-env NODE_ENV=development node_modules/webpack-dev-server/bin/webpack-dev-server.js --inline --hot --config=node_modules/laravel-mix/setup/webpack.config.js”,
“prod”: “npm run production”,
“production”: “cross-env NODE_ENV=production node_modules/webpack/bin/webpack.js --no-progress --hide-modules --config=node_modules/laravel-mix/setup/webpack.config.js”
},
“devDependencies”: {
@fortawesome/fontawesome-free”: “5.8.2”,
“axios”: “^0.19”,
“bootstrap”: “4.3.1”,
“chart.js”: “2.8.0”,
“cross-env”: “^5.1”,
“datatables.net-bs4”: “1.10.19”,
“jquery”: “3.4.1”,
“jquery.easing”: “^1.4.1”,
“laravel-mix”: “^4.0.7”,
“lodash”: “^4.17.5”,
“popper.js”: “^1.12”,
“resolve-url-loader”: “^2.3.1”,
“sass”: “^1.15.2”,
“sass-loader”: “^7.1.0”,
“vue”: “^2.5.17”,
“vue-template-compiler”: “^2.6.10”
}
}

And you should be set to go, any questions let me know, it’s a pretty simple but sleek layout :slight_smile:

1 Like

SB Admin 2 is pretty cool! One of the few free (yet decent) generic admin dashboard themes.

I actually use AdminLTE for my project, which is also a free dashboard theme. I believe both are built upon Bootstrap also. :smiley:

1 Like

Yeh they are, I got bored of seeing adminLTE as the go to for admin dashboards so I was shopping around to see what there was :slight_smile:

That’s awesome, thanks for posting. :+1: I can’t remember why I stopped playing around with SB Admin 1, but the new one looks great. I might give it a go when it’s time to revamp Imperial Conflict’s FE.

Probably because it’s so damn boring haha, SB2 was a huge advancement in terms of look and feel. SB1 was bland and just felt too bootstrappy. If you need any tips on implementation let me know, though it seems to be pretty straightforward